What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is an ancient Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation. Reiki healing sessions are a simple yet powerful “laying of hands” technique that can be learned by anyone.
We all possess the ability to heal with our hands. What do you do if you have a headache? Do you put your head in your hands? Do you massage the area with the most intense pain? When you fall and scrape your knee or stub your big toe, what is your first instinct? You place a hand on the area that hurts and it seems to ease the pain. We also begin to calm while we hold our injuries. Without knowing it, you’re providing yourself with healing. Subconsciously your body and mind know what to do.
Universal Life Force Energy
Reiki healing uses Universal Life Force Energy (ki) that naturally flows through and around everything. Universal Life Force Energy has many names. It is called the “light” or the “divine source.” Other cultures know it as Ki, Prana, Chi (Qi), just to name a few. It is everywhere and connects everyone and everything.
Reiki has no religion or belief system. All healing involves the use of Life Force Energy. As a Reiki Practicioner, this energy is channelled in it’s purest form to promote greater levels of relaxation and healing.
The methods used in Reiki have been practiced for thousands of years. The “laying of hands” can even be seen in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics. This technique of healing has likely had many names throughout time. Reiki, the ancient Japanese method of healing, was re-discovered by Mikao Usui in 1922. It has been gaining traction and popularity ever since.
Benefits of Reiki Healing Sessions
Our bodies are natural healing machines. We become extremely efficient at healing when we are in a relaxed state. The combination of Reiki and our body’s natural abilitiy to heal is what makes Reiki so powerful. Reiki heals not only the physical body, but the emotional and spiritual body as well. It promotes holistic health.
Reiki Can Help You…
- Reduce stress and increase relaxation for a calmer, more peaceful state of being
- Improve your immune system (triggered by reduced stress and greater relaxation)
- Maintain better overall health with better sleep
- Promote spiritual growth, inner peace and harmony
- Gain mental balance which enhances memory, mental clarity, focus and the ability to learn new skills (a student’s best friend!)
- Heal past mental or emotional wounds, dis-ease, and even severe dysfunction
- Alleviate mood swings, anger, fear, and frustration
- Enhance your capacity for compassion, openness, understanding and love which can strengthen and improve personal relationships
- Connect with those around you on a deeper level
- Find support and relief from difficult or draining emotions such as during the grieving process or a difficult transition in life
- Feel physical relief from pain including arthritis, migraines, sciatica issues, surgeries and many more
- Alleviate symptoms of chronic illnesses, insomnia, fatigue, menopause, allergies, and more
- Shorten recovery time from injury, surgery, treatments, or illness
- Minimizes side-effects from treatments or medications, including the effects of Chemo-therapy
- Prevent some illnesses, injuries, or dis-eases from ever developing due to improved overall health (physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually)
Who Should Receive Reiki Healing?
Reiki is helpful and safe for everyone and throughout all stages of life. Anyone, from newborn babies, to toddlers, teenagers, adults, elderly, pets and even plants, can benefit from Reiki.
Because Reiki uses Universal Life Force Energy, it can do no harm. It cannot be forced on anyone who does not want it. Subconsciously, the recipient is in complete control of all healing energy received during Reiki healing sessions.
Reiki is beneficial to both the recipient and the Practicioner during Reiki healing sessions. The Practicioner does not give the recipient their own energy. Instead, the Reiki Practicioner serves as a “conduit” or “catalyst” flowing Ki energy through themselves to the recipient. As he or she does so, they too are receiving healing and energy.
The Practicioner will work to encourage healing in specific areas, but ultimately, the recipient’s body determines how the energy is used. Your body knows what it needs and will direct the energy to the areas it feels need it the most.
Reiki + Massage
Combine Reiki’s relaxation and healing energy with the therapeutic touch and relaxing techniques of massage for a session that provides healing from the inside out. Each Reiki/Massage session begins with energy work. When receiving Reiki, your body flows into a state of relaxation which primes it to receive other healing modalities, such as massage. This process enhances the healing and relaxation effects of the massage so that you leave your session feeling fully refreshed and relaxed.
Reiki can be combined with any massage service offered by Simply Attuned. Just ask. There is no additional fee for this.
Long Distance Reiki Healing
Energy is everywhere. It is timeless and has no physical boundaries which includes distance. Reiki healing can be provided over any distance. As a recipient, you do not need to “do” anything to receive the benefits of a Reiki healing session. You merely need to be open to receiving the healing. The healing can take place at any time and anywhere, including while you’re at work, or at the gym, taking a bath, eating lunch or dinner, or even while you’re sleeping. Reiki has no boundaries.